Friday, May 25, 2012

End of era

There comes a point in life where you've got to say goodbye and move onto the next step. Tonight was the first night that this happened for me. It was the upper sixth boarders leavers' dinner. We had a pre-drinks session, a lovely 3 course meal, gifts and of course speeches. It was the speeches that did it for me. When you start to reminisce about a place where you've spent the last four years of your life, it does take its toll on you. When the speech givers said 'I'm going to miss you all', I love you' and that I felt my eyes well up and my throat start to tighten; I was literally choking back tears. This is the first night of these times, the evening of our Prom will be one of the saddest yet happiest times I think.

Here is some photos from this evening:





No comments:

Post a Comment