Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Inanimate Apparel T-shirt Customisation

The internet is a wonderful place. On Facebook I came across a photo that James Cheal (aka ChealyTheNinja) posted, it was of a t-shirt design entered into a competition and he was asking for people to vote for the design.


I really wanted the design to win the competition as I thought it was really good. Thinking that this wasn't going to be the first design, I did a bit of searching and found out who designed the t-shirt and if there were any other designs. What I found was a clothing line called Inanimate Apparel, which was founded and is owned by Alex Dyson from Huddersfield in West Yorkshire. I had a look at the site where you can buy his clothing and I fell in love with the 'Owl Predator' sweatshirt. I contacted him via Twitter to ask about the sweatshirt and he said he wasn't printing any more which did upset me. He then said that I should get the t-shirt.


I ordered it and was beyond excited to get it.  In my previous post I had cut up an old t-shirt, I thought about doing the same with the owl t-shirt. this is because the t-shirt is a unisex t-shirt and did nothing for my figure as it made me look quite boxy. At first I was very afraid, the material is very comfortable and the print is very well done but most importantly I didn't want to ruin the shirt. However I spoke to Alex via Twitter and he said I should definitely go for it so I redesigned the t-shirt to make it more feminine.

This is the result:


I highly reccomend you like the Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. Watch out for upcoming designs and products because this guy is going places! Well done and good luck to Alex for future success with Inanimate Apparel.

Links:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/inanimateapparel
Twitter: http://www.facebook.com/inanimatead
Big Cartel: http://inanimateapparel.bigcartel.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment