Friday, August 24, 2012

Officially a university student

For those of you who don't know yet, I am officially a Film and TV Production student at Anglia Ruskin University. That's right, I am going to be living, eating, and breathing Cambridge for the next three years.

I may not have gotten the grades that I was predicted or grades I wanted for my A-levels, however the portfolio I submitted and the interview I had obviously helped me secure my place at the university; I got in even though my offer was conditional. I have to be honest, I was very afraid of not getting in but at 8:20am on Thursday the 17th of August, I got my confirmation email that I had been accepted. If you would like to see my portfolio submissions you can find them here and here.

I've already got my timetable, the modules I will be taking this first semester that I know of are Cinematography, Screen and Drama, and Editing and Structure. I'm very excited about this course. I'll try my best to keep this blog updated with my photography as well as the work I'm doing at university, plus whatever else I get up to. I forgot to mention, I have Wednesday's off from lectures and seminars, definitely my photography based days I think!

If you are a potential or current film student and you'd like to know more about what I'm doing or will be doing rather, don't hesitate to drop me an email or leave a comment.

Email: kimberleymbates@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment