Sunday, March 04, 2012

Life's not all what it seems


There isn't much I want to say about this photograph. His eyes are open which I found a little odd as he did go in to kiss her but I may have caught him at the wrong time. They weren't too happy about me taking a photo I don't think because she gave me a funny look when they turned around to continue their artistic journey.

I suppose what I like its that both love and hate feature in the photograph; love being the love between the couple and hate being the two birds pinned against the wall with arrows. Thinking about it, the way that I've interpreted this piece of art is that its the opposite of life. What grabs your attention when you see this is the fact that the birds are dead due to the fact that they've been struck by arrows. Once you get over the initial shock, you then notice the drawing of the buildings in the background. We always notice buildings around us but we don't see the destruction that we're doing; we may think we're doing the best and have the best intentions at heart but we need to look at the wider scheme of things.


No comments:

Post a Comment