Sunday, March 04, 2012

What is art?


When I saw this, I wasn't too sure what to think. Did the artist see a pile of clothes just sitting on the floor of their room and thought, 'Hey, that pile of clothes look pretty awesome, I'll make a large mound of clothes and put it next to a statue. Maybe one day it'll be on show at the Tate Museum in London!' However, upon inspection, I saw that the pile of clothes were not just a pile but a pile of clothes that were put together with precision. Towards the bottom of the pile I saw a denim jacket and it had actually been cut to what look like a strip of fabric. This piece of art was no mistake. I suppose anyone could of done this, but it was the artist who actually did. 

Today, art is what you make it. Asking 'what is art?' is like asking someone to 'define normal'. It can be interpreted in many ways.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

No comments:

Post a Comment